Sunday, August 16, 2009

What is Good About Being 63?

I was recently reading an article about Meredith Vieira in Good Housekeeping Magazine and came across a great quote. Meredith entitles it "The Best Thing About Being in my 50's", but it can very easily apply to someone in their 60's as well.

The Best Thing About Being in my 50's (her quote) - "Watching my children grow up to be wonderful adults. Also, I think with each decade, you get a little bit more comfortable in your skin. You don't sweat the small stuff the way you might have before."

I find that statement to be very true. So....the next time you look at your mom and notice all her wrinkles and the pot-belly, focus instead on the fact that she may be happier at this stage of life than she has been at any other.

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

excellent thought :)

But maybe the real message is... maybe I shouldn't wait til my 50's or 60's to be comfortable in my skin!