Saturday, August 1, 2009


I have seen a couple of good movies recently. This is highly unusual for this time of year, since most summer movies are either action-packed thrillers or children's movies. (That isn't saying that these types of movies are not good; they just don't appeal to me.)

Yesterday we saw "500 Days of Summer". I liked the format of the movie and the realistic story. It was also put together cleverly. The other movie I liked is "My Sister's Keeper". This movie presents some interesting ethical questions; it is also a tear jerker and probably could be labeled as a chick-flick (so bring tissues). The novel (of the same name) is a good read. The movie had a different ending than the novel. The movie's ending is more congruent with the events in the story. The novel's ending is contrived.

Anyway, that's what I think! It's a good thing we're all different and have a variety of tastes in movies.

No comments: