Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Natalie









What can I say about my sweet daughter? She is everything a mother could want in a child. She has brought me nothing but joy and happiness from the day she was born. Our lives are never the same when we become mothers, and Natalie opened up a whole new world for me on the day she was born.

Natalie was a colicky baby, and so her life wasn't much fun at first. Then, when she outgrew that, she turned into a quiet, conscientious little girl. From the start, she was an achiever. My early parent-teacher conferences conveyed that she was an excellent reader and a high-achiever in math; then, in middle school she was a Patriot of the Month and frequently brought home all A's on her report card.

High school brought lots of boyfriends. Natalie went to all of Alta's scool dances plus other dances from other schools. She was also part of a threesome of girlfriends who called themselves the Three Musketeers. Michelle Snow, Marci Hunt, and Natalie Frost were friends throughout elementary school, middle school, high school, college, and even a semester at BYU Hawaii. They are still the very best of friends and meet often.

When Natalie started dating Alan, I knew that I liked him immediately. He hasn't disappointed me. He is a wonderful husband and father and works hard for his family. When Jacob was born, Natalie gave me my first precious grandchild; two more followed that. Natalie has shared the children with me, and I couldn't have a better gift than these precious grandchildren.

Natalie still does her very best in everything she is given to do--whether it is in PTA, church callings, or her accounting part-time job. She is also a "giver". A big part of her life is caring about others and showing that caring through time given or meals taken in to someone in need.

Before I had children, and especially when I was pregnant with the first one, I secretly hoped that I would have daughters. I got my wish, and they have been the highlights of my life. I thank Natalie for the opportunity I have to be her mother. She will always be my darling little girl!

5 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

Seriously, I almost got choked up reading that. Your love for your daughter is almost tangible! Sweet tribute.

Marci said...

What a great tribute! Natatlie really is special, isn't she? She has been such a great blessing in my life. I couldn't have asked for better friends than Natalie and Michele. I can't imgaine what my life would have been like without them. I too am proud of the person Nat has turned out to be. She is the best! Happy birthday, Nat!

Marci said...

And did I really just spell her name wrong? Jeez! I realized it after I hit "publish." Dang.

So let me just add, I love the photos too! :)

Natalie said...

Thanks for the kind words Mom! And thanks again for the yummy chimichanga. I'm feeling very spoiled today!!!

jen said...

Sweet post. I love all the old pics!