Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Megan -- Seven Years Old







It is hard to believe that our little Megan will be seven years old tomorrow. She is now in second grade. For her birthday, she and her family spent last Saturday at Lagoon.

When Megan was born, she was three weeks early. Weighing in at slightly less than five pounds, she looked so tiny and helpless. Her due date was in September; by coming three weeks sooner, she qualified to start school a year earlier. Megan is such a good student in school; she is also a real social butterfly. She has no problems fitting in as the youngest one in the class.

Whenever I am with Megan, I feel my spirits lifted. She has such a happy disposition. I can not imagine life without Megan. I hope she has a very happy birthday (even though it is on a school day).

(The top picture shows Megan at one week old with her Great-Grandma McKell. I have always loved this picture.)

5 comments:

Marci said...

Happy Birthday to Megan! What a cute girl. And seven already? Where does the time go??

Melanie said...

Cute post, mom! I remember how small "little peanut" was, too. How lucky we are that she's part of our family:)!

Natalie said...

It's hard to believe it's been 7 years. Wow! I remember the scary day she was born...Every birthday she has makes me so grateful to have her here and healthy. You described her so well...

Ashley said...

The picture with Grandma holding Megan is priceless. It made me emotional to even see it. I really miss Grandma. I hope Melanie had a great birthday as well as Megan.

chelsea mckell said...

oh - that pic of Grandma McKell and Megan is really sweet! I only knew her for a short time - but seeing that makes me miss her!