Saturday, December 20, 2008

Marilyn's Family Christmas Party








Good food, good friends and family, and really neat gifts! Once a year I dust off my special Christmas plates for a family dinner. It is predictably the same--turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, salads, green bean casserole, and dessert (Melanie brought cupcakes and I made peach cobbler).


We always have a good time. This year I noticed how grown-up Natalie and Alan's kids look. Time flies by so quickly, and before you know it, you have a teenager (Jake) at Grandma and Grandpa's house for Christmas dinner.


Doesn't my dad look incredible for a 90 year old? We miss my mom at dinners like this. She used to make Christmas dinners from scratch--wonderful rolls, various homemade pies, delicious stuffing, etc. I make something similar, but not nearly as good, mostly from boxes or packages!


My cousin Sharalyn came to the party and gave each person a gift from a different country where she had vacationed on our Mediterranean cruise. Her gifts were thoughtful and beautifully unique.


This next Tuesday will be Paul's family Christmas party at our house. We are expecting 20 people. We'll cross our fingers for the weather to cooperate for the celebration.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Fun party...fun pictures. Nice blue mark on my face. We now realize that Derek needs a good tooth brushing with some whitening toothpaste!