Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nicole

Nicole Ferguson is my adorable granddaughter. She recently turned 11 years old and is in the fifth grade. Nicole is a beauty, and she has a sparkling, outgoing personality to match.

Nicole is a good student in school. She is well-liked and has lots of friends. In any situation, she makes friends easily. Nicole is a happy girl, and her enthusiasm for life is contagious.

One of the things that Nicole does so well is DANCE. She is an absolutely terrific dancer. I think she has some "dancing genes" from her Grandma Nancy. We have watched Nicole in dance recitals, and she stands out in the group with her talent. (I am not just saying this because I am the Grandma.) She puts her entire self into the dance, and you can tell from her facial expressions that she is completely immersed in her role. It is a joy to see Nicole dance.

Nicole is a very sensitive and kind-hearted girl. If she thinks that anyone (or any animal) is being mistreated, she is right there with caring and support. One time when Nicole was at our home, we found a little kitten wandering around our yard. We brought the kitten in our garage and gave it some food and milk. A little while later, I could see that Nicole was upset and had tears in her eyes. She said that she was worried that the kitten was too cold. We eventually found the kitten's owner, and Nicole was feeling better about the fate of the kitten.

Nicole's family loves to go boating on the weekends they can get away. They just purchased a new boat. Both Nicole and her brother Bryce are excellent water skiers.

Nicole has a lot of confidence. She is very self-assured. In one of my piano recitals, I had the kids introduce themselves and the pieces they would be playing. Nicole was completely at ease in front of the audience as she introduced herself.

It comes as second nature to Nicole to show love and affection. She always gives me a big hug when I see her, and she tells me that she loves me. What a sweet and loving granddaughter! How lucky I am to have her in my life.

No comments: