Monday, October 20, 2008

Chuck A Rama Day


When I think of Chuck A Rama, I think of my dad. Paul and I have been going there with him (and my mother before she died) for many years. Today was a Chuck A Rama Day!

Dad likes to go to Chuck A Rama because he can have many choices of main courses and desserts. You would never guess that Dad weighs only 150 pounds (he is six feet tall) by what he consumes at Chuck A Rama. After he finishes his main course, he almost always has three desserts. Today I thought I would capture those three desserts on camera.

Actually, Dad eats very little most of the time. It is just at Chuck A Rama when he really splurges. We always look forward to going to lunch with Dad. After we get back to his house, he plays songs on his organ for us. Today he played about ten songs. Two or three of the songs he had memorized. He is an amazing man!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, that made me homesick for Grandpa. I always love going to Chuck A Rama and when I was in Utah after Grandma passed away, it was hard for me to drive past it without getting tears in my eyes. I remember how much she loved that place. I bet that Grandpa was so excited to go with you guys. You are great to go down and spend some time with him, especially listening to 10 songs....that is awesome.

Jami & Mark said...

Didn't he get sick after a Chuck-a-Rama run once? He still goes back though! Gotta love it! Grandpa should have stock in that place......he could support his own income! I love going there with him, it's always a good time!

Jake said...

Grandpa and Chuck-A-Rama...you can't think of one without the other!
Natalie