Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mediterranean Cruise

It is a good thing I checked my old-fashioned dictionary for the word "Mediterranean" before I began this blog. The spell checker with this blogsight doesn't know how to spell! I have been writing this word with one less "r" up until now. It doesn't look too cool for me, a retired English teacher, to misspell a word.

Paul and I booked a Mediterranean cruise about one and one-half years ago. We have had all this time to anticipate the trip. Now that the trip is one week away, we are starting to think that it will really happen. The included map (at the bottom of this post) shows some of the places we will visit. It is a 26-day trip--the longest we have ever taken.

One unique part at the end of this trip is sailing across the Atlantic Ocean, leaving from the island of Funchal (which is part of Portugal) and docking six days later in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. This way, we avoid the long plane trip home across the ocean.

Paul and I have decided that our pills will take up a significant part of our carry-on bags! The longer we live, the more pills we take. Well, old pill-taking senior citizens can have fun too, in spite of our aches and pains.

You will know that we are gone when I stop posting for almost four weeks. I will miss the blogging. It is a lot of fun for me. In the meantime, I will continue to highlight the rest of our grandchildren's lives. I have three left to go.

No comments: