Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Paul


Ten years ago, I experienced a life-changing event. I met Paul Moore. Our mutual friends, Dennis and Mary Ann Payne, introduced us. On our first date, Dennis and Mary Ann (as moderators!!) accompanied us. We went to a production of Pioneer Theater and out to dinner afterwards. From then on, we were constantly together.


We were married on July 3rd, 1998. The last ten years have been some of the happiest years of my life. Paul is a dream come true. He is loving, appreciative, supportive, thoughtful, and I could go on and on. He not only knows how to do anything around the house, but he actually does the stuff too--from vacuuming rugs to scrubbing the floors. He works hard to make our home inviting and clean.


Paul supports me in my relationships with my family. He is usually the one to suggest going to Spanish Fork to see my dad. He plays games and throws the ball with Natalie's children when they come on Fridays for piano lessons. He has remarked to me several times that he feels equal love for all of our 13 grandchildren.


Paul is an excellent dad to his four children. They respect him and look to him for good advice. He taught them resilience, while young, to face the challenges of everyday life. As a result, they cope very well with any curveballs life throws them. He also taught them how to work hard and how to have fun. One of his favorite activities when they were young was to take them camping.


I can't imagine my life without Paul. When we first started dating, my daughter Natalie remarked that I "sparkled" when I was with Paul. This was true ten years ago, and this is true today. There cannot be a finer husband, and I am the luckiest woman in the world.


Happy Birthday, Paul. I love you dearly.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes, Marilyn! Mostly because I feel the same way about MY husband, and I hope to feel the same way in 10 years, 20 years, 40 years :o)

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Paul!!! I have been so glad that you are part of the family and always love to hear about your traveling adventures and everything else. You treat Marilyn so awesome and you guys are such a great couple. I hope that you are able to go out and celebrate and have some fun. I have also appreciated your kindness towards my Grandma and Grandpa McKell, I know that you guys do so much for them and it is nice to know that you are looking after Grandpa now that he is alone.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Paul! Hope you have a fun celebration, 'cause you both have a lot to celebrate!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Paul! I am very grateful to you that you make my mom so happy. We are so lucky to have you as part of our family. Thank you for all you do for us. I hope you have had a great day!
Natalie, Alan and kids

Melanie said...

Happy birthday, Paul! I hope you enjoyed your day and did something special. Hope to see you both soon!

Marci said...

What a sweet tribute! It sounds like you are both lucky to have each other. How wonderful that you found your soul mate.