Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Small Town Humor

I spent the day in Spanish Fork helping my dad. He had some errands for me to run, so I was out and about the town. When I got to the grocery store/pharmacy, I picked up a few groceries and then went to the pharmacy. As I handed the prescription to the pharmacist, he said, "Oh, Mark called and wondered if you would pick up two half-gallons of vanilla ice cream."

I just started to laugh. I laughed and laughed. I couldn't picture the same senario in Salt Lake City. This incident is such a good example of small-town lore!

My dad does know a huge number of people in Spanish Fork. He has lived there all his life, and he worked for 35 years on Main Street and held many LDS church positions as well. So....he at one time knew almost everyone in the town. Now, in 2009, the town is larger and he does not know everyone, but he does know the pharmacist at Macy's Food Town!

1 comment:

Marci said...

I love it! As I read this, Robb is at Wal-Mart and I would have loved to call them with an ice cream order. I guess that is what cell phones are for up here in the big city. :)