Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another Funny Doctor Story

When I posted my blog about my experience in Dr. Robert's office, my daughter Natalie reminded me of my other "funny" doctor story. So, here it goes.

When Natalie was a teenager, she had an appointment with our dermatologist, Dr. Bradley. (Dr. Bradley was not only our doctor, but he was also our neighbor and a good friend.)

It was a very cold winter morning. I had absentmindedly left the driver-side window of the car down in our garage the night before. Our cat had climbed in the car during the night in an effort to get warm. I shooed him out before we left for our appointment.

Natalie and I arrived at Dr. Bradley's office and had to wait in the waiting room for at least an hour. We were shown into an exam room, and we waited for a short time there. Dr. Bradley soon walked through the door and greeted us by name. Then he looked down at my slacks and said with horror, "What is that on your pants?"

I glanced down at my slacks (seeing for the first time some grainy yellow substance) and proclaimed, "Oh, I am pretty sure that is cat throw-up." I don't think Dr. Bradley knew what to say. My pants were pretty disgusting. He just kind of sat there. I then wondered how many people in the waiting room had observed the gross stuff on my pants. I can only imagine how mortified Natalie was as well.

Natalie is now at least 20 years older, but she still has a vivid memory of the "cat-vomit story".

1 comment:

Marci said...

Thanks for the laugh! That is the first time I've heard the cat vomit story.