Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My New Camera


I am just showing off here with my new camera. It has a fantastic zoom to it that let me get this photo of the LDS Temple through the window of our bedroom.

I wanted a camera that can zoom in on sports activities, dance recitals, etc. of the grandchildren. It has lots of other advantages over my other camera, and I am going to take some classes to help me figure them out.

I am definitely "impaired " when it comes to learning how to use computers, cameras, etc. This impairment helps me understand students who were in my high school classes who had a hard time understanding some rules of the English language (for instance, how to use apostrophes correctly). I would think to myself, "I don't know why they can't learn this simple concept!" I now understand better that we are all talented in different ways. Most of those same students could easily outperform me with computer ability.

In spite of all my frustrations with technology, I am determined to keep plodding along and trying to make sense of technology.

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

That is an excellent perspective to have! And so true. I get frustrated with people misusing your/you're and to/too and there/their/they're. But I should remember that they're probably good at a lot of things I'm not. Yay for a new camera! I'm scared of getting anything more complex than my basic cheap digital. All those buttons...