Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Spanish Fork Haircut

Here is the story of another small town experience I had with my dad yesterday. Dad and I had a list of things to accomplish while I was in Spanish Fork. One of them was getting Dad a haircut.

Yesterday, as you recall, was a horribly windy day. We parked close to the barbershop, and then I proceeded to get Dad and his walker out of the car and into the shop. The wind gave us a bad time, and (I am not kidding) almost picked us up off the sidewalk. We were finally swept into the shop by the powerful gusts.

As Dad was getting his hair cut, the barber talked about the terrible weather and said, "You know, Mark, I could have come to your house to give you a haircut. Then you could have avoided this awful wind."

I listened to the barber and thought, "Wow, if a pharmacist takes Dad's personal phone calls (see previous blog), and a barber will come to his home to cut his hair, maybe I could try to get Dad's doctor to make a house call this week as well." In this town, it just might work!

3 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

If Grandpa was Catholic.... you could probably get the Pope to come to his house for him.
That's how lovable this man is!

Natalie said...

Funny! I think it helps that everyone in Spanish Fork knows and loves Grandpa...I doubt every one in Spanish Fork gets that special treatment.

Ashley said...

That is pretty cute, he said that you guys had fun doing errands. He also said he is doing a lot better.