Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kent and Marilyn




I have been thinking about my brother Kent today and what a special person he is to me. I found some old photos from when we were children in a scrapbook, and I am sharing them with you.

Kent is two years younger than I am. As little boy, he loved to be outside, whether it was riding his bike, climbing in trees (and on the roof of the house one time), or working on the farm. He has always loved animals and would bring home stray dogs (usually pregnant ones) from his paper route to take care of.

Kent still loves to be outside. He owns land in Ferron and in Spanish Fork that he uses for farming land or to house his many horses. He has told me that spending time on his land after a long day of dentistry helps him unwind.

My brother Kent and his wife Barbara have been so supportive to our family. Now that our dad is living on his own, they check on him frequently and help him in recuperating from his "mad cow" accident from a few week's ago. I can always count on Kent and Barbara to come through in tough times or times of stress.

Kent is a kind and gentle man who is very sensitive to other people's feelings. I am so lucky to be a part of his life.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Great pictures of you and Uncle Kent. I agree...he is a great man!

chelsea mckell said...

awww... great tribute to your little brother. I don't think he really looks anything like Brian or Brianna. So they must favor the Berrett side. I think I've told you this before - it's so smart to scan all those old photos and put them online. So even if they fade or get lost - you'll always have them!

Marci said...

Those photos are priceless!! I love seeing what you looked like as a little girl. So cute!!

Ashley said...

Hey, I tried to post a comment earlier, but it got deleted. I really loved this post about my dad, he is a great man and I really admire and look up to him. I know that he really appreciates you and all that you do for him and for Grandpa. You are such a great person and it is great that you have been able to stay close to each other through all the challenges and good things that have happened to both of you in life. I know that he has encouraged me to stay close to my siblings and I think that this is something that he learned growing up in your family.