Saturday, March 14, 2009

Grandpa McKell is Getting Better

"How is your dad doing?" I have been asked this question several times this week. I smile and declare, "He is doing great!"

These are the improvements I see in Dad:

l. While walking around Dr. LeRoy's office last week, he was using both legs to walk equally well and carrying his walker in front of him.

2. He can now maneuver himself in and out of the bath tub. (Before this, he had to settle for spit baths.)

3. He is interested in leaving the security of his house to go other places. (He went to a viewing on Friday of an old friend and neighbor who died last week.)

4. He changes out of his pajamas into a shirt and slacks for daytime wear. Before now, he stayed in his pajamas all day long.

5. He is whistling a lot!!! (Dad whistles when he is happy.)

I am glad to see Dad in a better place. That mean cow who kicked him couldn't keep him down for long!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad to hear that Grandpa is whistling again! By the way, what is a spit bath? I have a disturbing mental image of what it might be.

Ashley said...

Hey, I am thrilled to read this post and glad that he is whistling again. You have been so great to take care of him during this time. I know that he really appreciates all that you do.

chelsea mckell said...

great update. Keep 'em coming! It's sad now that we're in Vernal most of the time we can't visit Gpa as often as we used to.

Natalie - I, too, was wondering what a spit bath was. I googled it... and the "Eskimo Spit Bath Orchestra" came up.