Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mark McKell's 90th Birthday

Hi there,

I am trying again to compose a blog. I had some luck with the first one although the text and the picture were not connected to each other. So.......this one may be the same way, or it may not even have the pictures at all!! I am still going to try.

Yesterday my family had a birthday party for my 90 year-old father. We held the party at a converted LDS Church that is now a reception center. This old building is the same building where my father attended church as a child. It is also the building that my dad's dad was in charge of building when he was an LDS Bishop. It took 14 years to build (during the Depression of the 1930's).

We had a lovely dinner and little speeches from Dad's three children and 12 grandchildren (speeches that Grandpa loved hearing about himself!) It was a great party!

My dad, at 90, is remarkable. His heath is phenomenal for his age. He is very active. Some of his activities are: feeding cows on his farm, playing the organ (which he learned at age 79), handling all the work of six rental properties, and in general, just keeping a very positive attitude.

Happy Birthday to a wonderful dad! How lucky I am to still have him as part of my life.

(I just previewed this blog, and the pictures aren't there!!!! Help, Jake!!)
Oh, well, I will publish it anyway.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey, I can't wait to read this blog, that is so fun. I love to keep up with families through blogs, it will be so fun. You can find Bryce's, Brian's, and Jami's blog all connected to mine. I wasn't sure if you knew that or not. It will be fun to see more about your adventures.

Marilyn said...

Ashley,
I would love to see Bryce's, Brian's, and Jami's blog. Do I know what your blog address is?
I probably do and don't know it!!
Aunt Marilyn

Jake said...

I'll help you find the blogs when I come over next time. You need to click on Ashley's blog and the other ones will be listed on the side. I'm excited to see them too.
Your blog looks great! We'll find a time for Jake to come over and help you with the pictures.
Nat

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Marilyn,

I found your blog by clicking on your name from the comment you left on Gracie's blog. It is so fun to read about what you are doing and to see pictures of Nat and Mel. I even enjoyed seeing your dad. I remember him from when I was little. He was always smiling and laughing, such a nice guy. Good luck with your new blog and thanks for commenting on mine!

Michele Gledhill

Anonymous said...

I love three things: that you've started this blog, that you were able to have your dad's big celebration in the church he attended as a boy and that his dad helped build, and that I finally got to see a picture of your amazing dad! What a wonderful celebration, Marilyn! I'm so glad I got to get a glimpse into what must have been a most amazing day!