Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Catherine (July 11th)








Happy birthday to my step-daughter Catherine. She has been a joy in my life since I met her 12 years ago. Catherine is loving and supportive. She is kind and genuine. She is also very intelligent. Did I say what a great mother she is to Bryce and Nicole?

Catherine is a devoted daughter to her dad. It is obvious how much she loves him. She frequently calls him to keep up on the happenings in his life. She appreciates her dad's perspective and advice.

Catherine has a combination of enthusiasm and optimism; at the same time, she is also pragmatic, even-tempered and diplomatic. These traits have served her well in the business world as well as her family life.

Step Mother has a bad connotation in this world. Catherine puts a positive spin on the term. She has always made me feel accepted as her friend and as a companion to her dad. I feel loved as a step mother because Catherine makes a real effort to show her support and her caring nature.

Sometimes, as you go along in life, you get really lucky. I am lucky to have Catherine as a part of my life. She is the very best! I appreciate her and love her very much.

1 comment:

Catherine Ferguson said...

Thank you! You are so sweet.