Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Grandmother Stewart's birthday party: I am the geeky-looking one on the right on the last row, and Kent is the cool-looking kid on the left of that row. Allen is the kid kneeling in the yellow shirt below me. Grandma Stewart was so proud of her grandchildren. She ended up celebrating 95 birthdays before she passed on. I really loved her.
I wish this picture were clearer. It is a precious photo. My dad and his brother Art are posing with my brother Allen on the left and Art's son Brent on the right. In the middle is Mary Helen's daughter Becky Ann. She is my cousin who passed away last fall from pancreatic cancer--so sad for a brillant mind and a caring heart to be cut short.
Christmas (probably about 1955) at the McKell home. We don't look all that thrilled, do we?!
We were on vacation and stopped for awhile at Cove Fort on our way to Bryce Canyon National Park. I love seeing the old car in the background.
Bryce National Canyon Park
This is the first day of school. I think I am a junior in high school here. We loved this kitty cat!

One day when I was at my parents' house, I started looking through photo albums of Kent, Allen and I when we were growing up. I asked Mother if I could have some of the photos, and she said OK. I didn't ever check with Kent or Allen to see if they wanted copies. So......here are some of them. (We didn't have very many altogether--lots of me as the first child, some of Kent, and a very precious few of Allen, the youngest.)

I apologize to Kent and Allen for taking all these pictures and not sharing. (Sharing was never my strong suite -- my brothers will tell you that.)

Here is a "sharing story" my mother told me that happened when I was around four and Kent was two. Mother said I had to share some money with Kent--a dime and a nickel. I knew that Kent would want the biggest coin, so I asked him to choose from the two. Sure enough, he chose the nickel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marilyn, those are precious pictures. That is a cute story about Kent.

Melanie said...

I love the pictures, mom. What a great idea for a post!

chelsea mckell said...

I seriously love these old photos! So fun!

It's a good thing Kent got a little more financially savvy :)