Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day - 2009




Today we drove to Spanish Fork to spend the day with my father. The above photos show Dad's new living room furniture. He still has to have the room painted and put up new window coverings. Hopefully, it will all be finished by the end of the summer. The other photo shows a stop we made at my mother's grave in the Spanish Fork Cemetery.

A visit to see my dad isn't complete without a trip to Chuck-A-Rama. Also, an important part of the visit is to hear Dad play the organ. He played one of seven songs he has memorized. It is amazing to me that he can memorize like that. I couldn't even memorize one piece if my life depended on it!

I am so very fortunate to still have Dad as a part of my life. He has been such a good parent and just an overall good person. He has helped me through some very bad times in my life where I don't know what I would have done without him. I admire his positive attitude and his caring and love for his family.

When I add up all the pros and cons of my life and stack the blessings in one corner and the heartaches and bad luck in another, at the very top of the blessing-side would be my dad. He and I are close; I can't imagine life without him. (Luckily, he is as healthy as can be for a 90-year-old!). May we have many more years together.

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

This is one of the best father-tributes I've ever read! So simple and sincere.
Though - I gotta tell ya - when I first just saw the post title and then the headstone, I jumped a little! He's still got some good years left! I'm so impressed he got new furniture and is redecorating - that's exciting! Not many kids get to know their great grandpa, but I bet Brianna will!