Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day - 10 Years Ago



As I read the newspaper today, I saw that an ugly-tie contest will be held the day after Father's Day. Fathers will enter the tie they received on Father's Day, and a prize will then be awarded to the father with the ugliest tie. I thought that was funny.

That's why I remembered this photo from a long time ago. Jake had decorated this tie (I think it might be Cookie Monster front-and-center) for his dad. Alan looks very proud to have worn it! It is anything but ugly--especially taking into account the giver's creative expression of love.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I remember that tie! Wow - all three of those boys look a lot different now.

chelsea mckell said...

I loved this post! So funny. I actually think Brian might really like a cookie monster tie...

And I would love to see the winner's tie of that contest you heard about!