Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!







We are home from our trip. I have spent today rocking and rolling just like I did on the ship. Hopefully, in a few days I may regain my land legs. To preserve the memories of the trip, I will write blogs on each place we have seen.

What a fun adventure to spend my 63rd birthday in the country of Turkey! We visited the ancient ruins of Ephesus, which were built in the 1st century AD. The ruins are extensive and also well-preserved from that time so long ago. In the picture above, our guide is standing with us in front of the Celsus Library.

As you can see from the photos, the weather was warm. We were so fortunate to have almost pefect weather for our entire trip (between 65 and 75 degrees).

On the ship in the evening, we celebrated my birthday (and Halloween) at dinner. Indonesian waiters sang to me and presented a little round birthday cake with one large candle. It was really a special birthday.

1 comment:

Patti said...

So glad you are home safe & sound! We can't wait to see all the blogs and read about the places you visited. Keaton got a kick out of the camel picture. :o) Welcome home!