Sunday, December 20, 2009

Two Christmas Parties










We met together with the McKell family last night at our home. We had fun visiting, eating, and opening gifts.

My cousin Sharalyn gave by far the most creative gifts. For the men, she gave each a hard-bound booklet of U.S quarters. The state quarters are displayed in the booklet in the order that the states entered the Union. For the ladies, Sharalyn had made a variety of attractive beaded watches, and we chose the one that we liked the best. What a thoughtful cousin!

Paul picked up my dad in Spanish Fork and brought him to our home in Draper. Dad had been invited to three parties last night! He was going to my brother Kent's party after Paul took him home. My dad is truly amazing--his energy, his alert mind, his enthusiasm for life.

Where are the pictures of the other party, the Moore gang? A week ago we met at Paul's son's house to celebrate Christmas. I took lots of pictures. I transported the memory card to my computer, and the photos didn't appear. The printer said "memory card error". These same photos would appear in the camera, however. So, I thought I would put the memory card in a safe place and then take it to Inkley's on Monday. Well, where is that carefully-thought-out safe place which is hiding the card? Hopefully, I can eventually unwind my mind and remember its hiding place.

At the Moore party we had a wonderful Mexican buffet--chicken enchiladas, tamales, spicy rice, etc. Our daughter-in-law Char always decorates her home beautifully for Christmas and is such a gracious hostess.

Anyway, we enjoyed two great parties (photos of party #1 to hopefully follow soon).

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

Your Dad really is quite the partier! We really enjoyed having him crash ours at the end. We gave him a fleece blanket with family pictures all over it - he was so excited!

Funny story about the "memory" card you can't remember the location of...
=)
I do the same type of thing all the time. I'm sure it will turn up.

Ashley said...

Hey....Grandpa told me he had a lot of fun at the party. You are so nice to pick him up and everything and bring him. I hope you are feeling better.