Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Sweet Little Girls




I'm guessing my daughters are not thrilled to see themselves as children in these pictures. When they have looked at themselves in scrapbooks from these early days, they always tell me what dorky clothes I picked out. They said that most of their clothes consisted of plaid polyester pants with matching shirts; the shirts had little bits of the pant's plaid fabric sewn into them.

I agree with those descriptions, but the difference is that I thought the clothes were cute. Looking back now, nothing in the 1970's was all that cute, if I remember correctly. They were accurate; there was an over-abundance of polyester and plaid during that era.

Regardless of the clothes, I think that they were the cutest girls in the world, and I still think that about them.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Love those infamous outfits! Looking back now, I think we were kind of cute, too!

Natalie said...

The plaid polyester outfits are haunting me!